September 19-22, 2019
It’s time for you to make a move. Putting yourself first is a hard choice, but if riding is something you love and want to get better at, this camp is for YOU! We want to help you make the most of your time, so that putting yourself first doesn’t feel like putting others last. Sure, from time to time in your training, you will be picking you, but with an efficient training plan and some tips and tricks to planning and nutrition, you can improve your speed and manage your responsibilities. Join us for our second Dirty Kanza Women’s Camp!
We know that a camp experience packed full of value is important. So, we created just that.
- 3 Breakfast (Fri – Sun)
- 3 Lunches (Fri – Sun)
- 3 Dinners (Thu – Sat)
- Entry into the Dirty Kanza 200 or 100 event distance.
- Entry into the Bleeding Kansas Gravelduro event (completed as part of camp).
- Opportunity to ride with some of the best women in the business
- Premium Dirty Kanza items
- Pro Mechanic support on and off the bike.
- 3 training seminars exploring nutrition, training, and bicycle maintenance and service skills on and off the bike.
- Amazing sponsor SWAG
- Discounts at local merchants
- 20% off the Dirty Kanza Spring Training Camp
- Printed Itinerary Book
- 2019 schedule – more details to come!
- Thursday afternoon – FTP testing
- Friday morning – one-on-one with coaches
- Friday afternoon – riding
- Saturday – Bleeding Kansas Grinduro event
- Sunday – easy spin and departure
- Includes entry into either the DK200 or DK100, as well as the Bleeding Kansas Gravelduro.
The focus of this camp is to teach you the necessary skills to take your riding to a new level. This is a time to work with our expert coaches to learn how to establish goals and work to achieve them. Our daily routes will reflect this. As always, please send us an email if you have questions are would like more information.
1. Cycling computer or GPS device. (To track your mileage & complete FTP test)
2. Red tail light.
3. Front light.
4. Minimum of two liters of water or sports drink.
5. Two spare inner tubes.
6. Air pump or inflation system.
7. A cell phone to contact the “outside world” should you need help.
ADDITIONAL Supplies You Should SERIOUSLY Consider:
1. A GPS system to communicate your exact location to support or rescue personnel in the event of an emergency.
2. Small rucksack / hydration pack
3. Waterproof / windproof jacket
4. Extra thermal top or warm layer
5. An emergency / survival blanket
6. Food – energy bars, gels, chocolate, etc.
7. Tire levers
8. Puncture repair kit
9. Chain tool
10. Allen wrench set
11. Spoke wrench
12. First aid kit
13. Chamois Butt’r
14. Chain lube
15. Cash, debit card or credit card. (To purchase food, water, supplies.)
16. Handlebar map case
Travel to Emporia and lodging in Emporia is up to you to figure out. We will provide transportation to the Bleeding Kansas Gravelduro event in Manhattan, KS.
Both the Kansas City Airport (MCI) and the Wichita Airport (ICT) are great fly-in options. We can assist athletes in coordinating with each other to share rides from airports as we get closer to camp. There will be an FTP test Thursday afternoon and if that is something you hope to do, plan to be ready to ride by 3pm on Thursday the 19th.
Gravel City Adventure & Supply Co. is the official adventure retailer of Dirty Kanza Promotions.
The deposit of $375 for camp is non-refundable. Final payment will be collected 30 days prior to the first day of camp. The balance is non-refundable within 30 days of camp. Camp must be paid in full in order to receive entry into the event(s).