2018 DIRTY KANZA EVENT REGISTRATION / RANDOM SELECTION PROCESS
Due to high demand, we are unable to accommodate everyone who wishes to participate in the Dirty Kanza gravel road bicycling challenge. Therefore, a computerized random selection process will be utilized to determine who will be allowed to participate in the 2018 Dirty Kanza.
Individuals will have the opportunity to submit their name for participation in the 2018 Dirty Kanza from December 1, 2017 at 8:00 am CST, until December 16, 2017 at 11:59 pm CST. Registration for event entry selection will be free of charge. However, credit card information will be collected at the time you submit your name for consideration. Your credit card will be charged only if you are accepted to participate in the event.
Selection and Payment of Entry Fees:
Winning entries will be randomly selected on or about January 13, 2018, subject to event eligibility requirements. The individuals whose names are drawn will be awarded entry in the 2018 Dirty Kanza. These selected event participants will be notified by email, per the contact information they provide. Each participant’s credit card will be charged the event registration fee, a small processing fee, as well as any additional fees for add-on items chosen by the participant. If your card is declined for any reason, your spot will be forfeited.
Group Registration Option:
A group registration option is available for those families, friends, and other small groups (up to 4 individuals) who ONLY want to participate if they can do so together. All group members must submit their name for consideration using the same Group Name matching exactly. For example… If your Group Name is “RaceTheSunRiders”, the Group Name “Race The Sun Riders” will not match you with other members of your group. The Group Name will be the name entered into the random selection process. If the Group Name is selected, each member of the group will be accepted to participate and charged the appropriate fees. Individual group members are not required to participate in the same event distance.
Individual Participant Registration Fees:
Dirty Kanza 200-mile distance – $200
Dirty Kanza 100-mile distance – $100
Dirty Kanza 50-mile distance – $50
Dirty Kanza 25-mile distance – $35
For more details on registration options and classifications, refer to the 2018 Dirty Kanza Riders Bible, which can be found under the “Info” tab at dirtykanza.com.
Participation Field Limits:
This event entry selection process will be used to fill the following number of spots…
Dirty Kanza 200-mile distance – 1,000 individual participants
Dirty Kanza 100-mile distance – 750 individual participants
Dirty Kanza 50-mile distance – 400 individual participants
Dirty Kanza 25-mile distance – 200 individual participants
- Only one event entry application per person. (Either as an individual, or as part of a group.)
- Consideration will be given to multi-time DK200 Finishers nearing 1,000 Mile Club status, area residents, and women as a continuation of the #200Women200Miles campaign.
- The entire selection and registration process shall be at the sole discretion of Dirty Kanza Promotions, whose decisions and interpretations shall be final and binding.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the selection process at any time and for any reason.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects or believes to be tampering with the entry selection process, or to be acting in violation of these rules, or acting in such a way as to be detrimental to the integrity of this event.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions shall not be responsible for incomplete entries, declined credit cards, nor entries received after the application deadline for any reason.
- Comp’d entries for sponsors, press, and other industry notables have no impact on the selection process, nor do they count towards field limit totals.
Refunds and Transfers:
All registration fees are non-refundable and cannot be deferred to the following year. Event registrations may be transferred, if done so before the deadline of April 1, 2018. Requests for transfer received after April 1st will be denied. No exceptions. See below for more details…
2018 Dirty Kanza Event Entry Transfer Procedure
- It is the responsibility of the person currently registered for Dirty Kanza to find someone to acquire their event entry. You may want to visit the special forum established at ridinggravel.com to find someone to take your spot, or to find an event entry that is being offered for transfer.
- Event entries must remain in the original event distance. In other words, a 100-mile entry cannot be transferred to a 200-mile category. Entries may be transferred to a different category/gender within the same event distance.
- The individual currently registered for Dirty Kanza must submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the transfer. The new participant assuming the transfer MUST be cc’d on this email.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions will then “Reply All” with further instructions to keep the transfer process moving forward. These instructions will include a request to the new participant to send payment for the event entry to Dirty Kanza Promotions. Once payment has been received, the transfer process will continue.
- A check will then be issued by Dirty Kanza Promotions to the original owner of the event entry, for the original cost minus a $30 processing fee.
- Once the transfer has been completed, both parties will receive a confirmation email from Dirty Kanza Promotions.
- Both parties will be expected to respond to requests made by Dirty Kanza Promotions in a timely fashion. Failure to do so will void the entire transfer process.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions will not manage a wait list, nor will we act as “match maker” to help anyone find an entry.
- Do not simply “give” your DK entry to someone, then have them show up for Rider Sign-In. All riders will be required to show a government-issued photo I.D. in order to obtain their event packet. If they aren’t on our roster, they won’t be allowed to ride. No exceptions.
- Click here to be directed to the transfer forum.
Note: Deadline for all entry transfers and all registration changes is Sunday, April 1, 2018 (11:59 pm CST).
Questions about this procedure can be submitted to: email@example.com
If you are having trouble with the registration process, or need to edit your entry, you can contact Chronotrack Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions for Dirty Kanza, please use the contact us page found above.