Getting into Dirty Kanza requires being prepared, as does finding a place to stay. But, as in most things, fortune does indeed favor the prepared. Here is your quick guide to finding a place to rest your weary bones in and around Emporia, KS.
- Emporia hotels – these are in hot demand and are going fast. Click here to be directed to the Emporia Visitor Bureau’s listing of all Emporia hotels.
- Dorm stay – Emporia State University will once again open up their dorms for folks to stay. Registration for dorm rooms will open TBD. You will be able to do so by clicking here.
- Homestays – Many Emporians are happy to open their home for DK participants and their entourage. Visit websites like airbnb.com to find these options.
- Camping – Space is available at the Lyon County Fairgrounds for both RV and tent camping and the Emporia Senior Center for tent camping. For Farigrounds contact Ken Duff: 620-343-5347. For Senior Center contact Ian Boyd: 620-343-3160.
- Area communities – There are plenty of communities in the area that have lodging options available as well. Expand your search if Emporia is full and stay in a quiet town nearby. Below are a few links of neighboring communities to help in your search.