Getting into DK requires being prepared, as does finding a place to stay. But, as in most things, fortune does indeed favor the prepared. Here is your quick guide to finding a place to rest your weary bones in and around Emporia, KS.
- Emporia hotels – these are in hot demand and are going fast. Click here to be directed to the Emporia Visitor Bureau’s listing of all Emporia hotels.
- Dorm stay – Dorms will not be available on our new 2020 Date of 9/12/2020.
- Pork Belly Ventures – Check out this amazing lodging addition thanks to Pork Belly Ventures! Registration for this lodging goes live at 8 am CST on 4/30/2020.
- Homestays – Many Emporians are happy to open their home for DK participants and their entourage. Visit websites like airbnb.com to find these options.
- Camping – Space is available at the Lyon County Fairgrounds for both RV and tent camping and the Emporia Senior Center for tent camping. For Farigrounds contact Ken Duff: 620-343-5347. For Senior Center contact Ian Boyd: 620-343-3160.
- Area communities – There are plenty of communities in the area that have lodging options available as well. Expand your search if Emporia is full and stay in a quiet town nearby. Below are a few links of neighboring communities to help in your search.
- Additional Resources- This Facebook page is a great platform for people looking for lodging or people who have lodging to rent out for DK! DK will not be responsible for your lodging needs. This is simply to close the gap and match people up with lodging. DK 2020 LODGING