Getting into Dirty Kanza requires being prepared, as does finding a place to stay. But, as in most things, fortune does indeed favor the prepared. Here is your quick guide to finding a place to rest your weary bones in and around Emporia, KS.
- Emporia hotels – these are in hot demand and are going fast. Click here to be directed to the Emporia Visitor Bureau’s listing of all Emporia hotels.
- Dorm stay – Emporia State University will once again open up their dorms for folks to stay. Registration for dorm rooms will open Tuesday, January 22nd, at 8 AM CST. You will be able to do so by clicking here.
- Homestays – Many Emporians are happy to open their home for DK participants and their entourage. Visit websites like airbnb.com to find these options.
- Camping – Space is available at the Lyon County Fairgrounds for both RV and tent camping. Contact Ken Duff: 620-343-5347
- Area communities – There are plenty of communities in the area that have lodging options available as well. Expand your search if Emporia is full and stay in a quiet town nearby.