Pinnacle Italy Cycling Experience: April 22-29, 2019
Dirty Kanza Promotions and Leadville Race Series
The beauty of the Tuscany Region is well known. So is the food and wine from the region. And, perhaps even most importantly, are the Strade Bianche roads for cycling. Well, at least we think those are important! After visiting the region for a full-blown cycling experience, 2015 Dirty Kanza Champion Yuri Hauswald and Dirty Kanza Team Member Kristi Mohn felt a camp cycling experience in the area would be a dream experience for any off-road cycling enthusiast. We are teaming up with Bici Italia to provide not only an insanely beautiful week of riding, but culminating the week with an entry into the “Nova Erioca” event in Tuscany AND an entry for you to use to either the Dirty Kanza or the Leadville 100. Be part of the inaugural Pinnacle Italy team.
Whether you are considering the epic 200 miles of the Flint Hills of Dirty Kanza or want to race across the sky on the historic Leadville 100 course, there is a lot to conquer. We’ve got a lot in store to help prep you and make your race successful!
- 8 day, 7 night stay at Villa di Sotto
- Meals provided by Villa di Sotto Ristorante
- 3 “Hot Topic” talks for training success
- Entry to Leadville or Dirty Kanza event of choice
- Premium custom gift items
- On-bike nutrition from GU Energy Labs
- Printed camp itinerary book.
- Guided rides by Mark Studnicki, Yuri Hauswald, and others
- Lifetime friendships in addition to the satisfaction earned from putting in the work to achieve something great!
- Concierge Service
- Unpack once and done
- On-site bike shop, mechanical assistance and sag wagon support available
- Non-cyclist Friendly too!
- Transportation to and from the airport
- Fully stocked enoteca/wine shop
- Professional pizza oven
- Sommelier services available for private tastings
- Premium bike rentals available
An Experience of a Lifetime
These camps will be tailored for a more experienced rider that is ready and capable of
Behind the Experience: Local ingredients, classical techniques.
Anyone can travel and ride their bike in the world’s most incredible places.But the food we will share throughout the week will set this experience apart. A place like Restaurant 17 defies simple description. The relaxed atmosphere is reminiscent of traditional European bistros. The cuisine reflects the surrounding countryside—but with a level of creativity only extraordinary chefs can claim. And its beautiful setting is the clear root for the restaurant’s modern, place-driven perspective. It all adds up to an experience that brings people together over tables of authentic, thoughtful food and drink.Sourced almost entirely from neighboring farms and nearby streams, the cuisine of Restaurant 17 has earned a reputation for the creative ways it transforms and showcases local ingredients and regional cuisine. It marries classical training and traditional techniques with a progressive culinary perspective. The menu is a reflection of the region, changing daily based on the availability of seasonal ingredients.
MTB Camp begins on Sunday, March 3rd with a late afternoon ride -plan to check in at 3pm to get everything you can out of the weekend. Camp concludes on Wednesday, March 6th after breakfast.We will offer a quick spin if you would like to participate before departing, but check out time is 11am, so plan accordingly.
Gravel Camp begins on Wednesday, March 6th with a late afternoon ride – plan to check in at 3pm to get everything you can out of the weekend. Camp concludes on Saturday, March 9th after breakfast. We will offer a quick spin if you would like to participate before departing, but check out time is 11am, so plan accordingly.
Complete daily details will be provided to each registered participant.
- Double room pricing starting at $4,500 (includes entry into either Dirty Kanza or Leadville)
- Single room pricing starting at $6,500 (includes entry into either Dirty Kanza or Leadville)
No joking around here – you will be riding with some top notch tour guides and supported by some of the best in the business. Rest assured, you will leave Pinnacle with some tired legs, but with a smile on your face!
- George Hincapie
- Christian VandeVelde
- Restaurant 17 Staff
- Mechanic and Mechanic
- Camp Director
- MTB Routes – Expect distances of ~10-20 miles on Sunday and Wednesday and ~50-60 miles Monday and Tuesday.
- Gravel Routes – Expect distances of ~15-25 miles on Wednesday and Saturday and ~80-100 miles Thursday and Friday
- Complete route information will be released to Pinnacle Camp Athletes.
This checklist comes directly from the Dirty Kanza Rider’s Bible. Click here to view the Rider’s Bible in its entirety.
EQUIPMENT CHECKLIST Each participant must carry with them (on their body, or on their bike) every item on this list:
1. Cycling computer or GPS device. (To track your mileage.)
2. Red tail light.
3. Front light.
4. Minimum of two liters of water or sports drink.
5. Two spare inner tubes.
6. Air pump or inflation system.
7. A cell phone to contact the “outside world” should you need help.
ADDITIONAL Supplies You Should SERIOUSLY Consider:
1. A GPS system to communicate your exact location to support or rescue personnel in the event of an emergency.
2. Small rucksack / hydration pack
3. Waterproof / windproof jacket
4. Extra thermal top or warm layer
5. An emergency / survival blanket
6. Food – energy bars, gels, chocolate, etc.
7. Tire levers
8. Puncture repair kit
9. Chain tool
10. Allen wrench set
11. Spoke wrench
12. First aid kit
13. Chamois Butt’r
14. Chain lube
15. Cash, debit card or credit card. (To purchase food, water, supplies.)
16. Handlebar map case
- Camp Athletes are responsible for their own transportation to and from Travelers Rest, SC.
- Closest airports to Travelers Rest, SC
- GSP – Greenville, SC
- CLT – Charolette, NC
The deposit of $375 for camp is non-refundable. Final payment will be collected 30 days prior to the first day of camp. The balance is non-refundable within 30 days of camp. Camp must be paid in full in order to receive entry into the event.
Registration is now open.