- Dirty Kanza 200 is widely recognized in the ultra-endurance cycling community as the world’s premier “Gravel Grinder” event.
- Over the years, Dirty Kanza has drawn riders from every continental US State, as well as from Australia, Canada, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Mexico, Nevis, New Zealand, and Norway.
- The Dirty Kanza 200 weekend has grown to be more than just a bike race. Activities include the 200-mile DK200 feature event, the 100-mile DK Half Pint, the DK Lite 50-mile and 25-mile fun ride, bike parades, live bands, vendor booths, food and beer vendors, and various activities for the kids.
- All events start and finish in front of the historic Granada Theatre, in downtown Emporia, Kansas.
- The course is a 200-mile long single loop through the Flint Hills region of east-central Kansas. This area is the last remaining tract of natural tallgrass prairie in North America.
- Fastest Finishing Time = 10 hours, 42 minutes by Brian Jensen in 2014.
- Last Finishers usually come across the line in 22 to 23 hours.
- Numerous checkpoints are located along the course. Riders may receive assistance from their personal support crews at these checkpoints. Other than that, Riders are completely on their own, and may not receive any outside assistance. Riders must navigate the course by using the provided maps and cue sheets.
- In 2015, Gear Patrol named the DK Half Pint 100-mile route as one of “The 25 Best Road Cycling Routes in America.”
- In 2012, Dirty Kanza 200 and Emporia, KS were featured by Velo News in their “2012 Ultimate Ride Guide”, as one of nine “must do North American cycling destinations.”
- 2011 saw the creation of the “Dirty Kanza 200 Trading Cards” featuring twenty-five select event participants. Today, riders will often petition to get their picture on a card for the coming year. We have even received requests from collectors in cycling-crazed Europe to purchase sets of trading cards.
- In 2010, XXC Magazine created a 32-page Special Edition issue on Dirty Kanza 200.
- In 2010, Dirty Kanza 200 was listed in Bicycling Magazine’s “Top 10 Rides You Must Do.”
DK200 Participation History:
- 2006 – 34 Entrants… 18 Finishers
- 2007 – Field capped at 50 entrants. Sold out in four months.
- 2008 – Field capped at 75 entrants. Sold out in two months.
- 2009 – Field capped at 100 entrants. Sold out in two weeks.
- 2010 – Field capped at 200 entrants. Sold out in 14 hours.
- 2011 – Field capped at 350 entrants. Sold out in 48 hours.
- 2012 – Field capped at 450 entrants. Sold out in 2 ½ hours.
- 2013 – Field capped at 1,000 entrants.* 938 registered.
- 2014 – Field capped at 1,200 entrants. Sold out in 13 days.
- 2015 – Field capped at 1,500 entrants. Sold out in 32 hours.
- 2016 – Field capped at 1,750 entrants. Sold out in 2 hours.
- 2017 – Field capped at 2,200 entrants. Sold out within minutes
- 2018 – Field will be capped at 2,500 entrants.
* 2013 saw the addition of the 100-mile DK Half Pint.
Dirty Kanza 200 has been featured in…
REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!