2020 DKXL Training Camp: Thursday, March 26th – Sunday, March 29th
NEW in 2020, our DKXL Training Camp is the latest member to the Dirty Kanza family of events. This 4-day training camp focuses on preparing participant’s mind, body, and machine for the rigors of the DKXL and other epic gravel endeavors AND gains you entry into the 2020 DKXL.
The DKXL is no laughing matter and requires a great deal of training, both physically and mentally. Camp athletes will learn through educational seminars, test their equipment on the gravel roads of the Flint Hills, and train their bodies with abundant riding. In addition, camp athletes will enjoy great locally sourced food, designed to keep you fueled throughout the weekend as well as some killer swag from our Dirty Kanza sponsors.
- Entry into the 2020 Dirty Kanza XL event
- 4 days of guided rides on sections of the DKXL course, led by some of the most amazingly talented and friendly gravel grinders around!
- Professional mechanic support both on and off the bike
- “Hot Topic” talks covering important DKXL survival info
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner from locally sourced vendors
- 2020 DK Cycling kit (bibs and jersey, $200+ value)
- Great SWAG from top Dirty Kanza sponsors and other cool DK-branded gear
- Local discounts at participating merchants
- Lifetime friendships in addition to the satisfaction earned from putting in the work to achieve something great!
Camp begins on Thursday, March 26th. Plan to arrive early to get everything you can out of the weekend. Camp concludes on Sunday, March 29th at noon. Complete daily details will be provided to each registered participant.
- $2,200 (includes entry into the DKXL.)
- Minimum $400 deposit required to reserve spot in camp. Deposit is non-refundable.
We are very proud of the crew we have assembled to help guide you in your DKXL Training Camp experience. You will have direct access to former DKXL champions, professionals, sponsor reps, and weekend warriors who know how to get it done. These men and women have all proven themselves against the Flint Hills time and again.
Our coach to athlete ratio is 1:4 to guarantee you will have ample time to ride next to and pick the brains of these extraordinary athletes all weekend long.
Our mechanics are hand picked and are from the gravel-proven Midwest. These folks know gravel-specific equipment and are ready to keep you grinding down the road!
- Additional staff info coming soon!
Training Camp will take in many of the same roads used for DKXL. You will have a great opportunity to test your mind, body, and machine on the rugged and remote Flint Hills gravel roads.
- Saturday night ride! That’s right, we will gear up after dinner and launch for a 100+ journey through the night. It is an inevitable fact that you will face the darkness at the DKXL, best to have experienced it first right here at camp!
- Total distances of over 200 miles in three days of riding
- Complete route information will be released to camp attendees
This checklist comes directly from the DKXL Rider’s Bible.
Location tracking device (Garmin inReach, Spot Tracker, etc.)
Cycling computer / GPS
Flashing red tail light Steady-beam front light
Minimum of 2 liters of water
Two spare inner tubes
Air pump or inflation system
Debit card / cash
Additional Items You Should Consider:
CamelBak / hydration pack
Puncture repair kit
Chain tool and other misc. tools
First aid kit
- Camp Athletes are responsible for their own transportation to and from Emporia, KS, as well as to the ride start each day
- Closest airports to Emporia, KS
- MCI – Kansas City, MO
- ICT – Wichita, KS
- Lodging – Candlewood Suites is happy to host a group rate of $79.99 for camp attendees. Mention that you are attending the Dirty Kanza XL Training Camp when you call to make a reservation!
- There are many others hotels in Emporia to choose from. For a complete listing, click here.
Gravel City Adventure & Supply Co. is the official adventure retailer of Dirty Kanza.
The deposit of $400 for camp is non-refundable. Final payment will be collected 30 days prior to the first day of camp. The balance is non-refundable within 30 days of camp. Camp must be paid in full in order to receive entry into the event.