2019 DIRTY KANZA® EVENT REGISTRATION
AND RANDOM SELECTION PROCESS
Due to high demand, we are unable to accommodate everyone who wishes to participate in the Dirty Kanza gravel road bicycling challenge. Therefore, a random selection process will be utilized to determine who will be allowed to participate in the 2019 Dirty Kanza.
The process described herein pertains to the 200-mile, 100-mile, 50-mile, and 25-mile distance options for the 2019 Dirty Kanza.
Individuals will have the opportunity to submit their name for participation in the 2019 Dirty Kanza from January 1, 2019 at 8:00 am CST, until January 13, 2019 at 11:59 pm CST. Registration for event entry selection will be free of charge. However, credit card information will be collected at the time you submit your name for consideration. Your credit card will be charged only if you are accepted to participate in the event.
Selection and Payment of Entry Fees:
Winning entries will be selected on or about January 19, 2019, subject to event eligibility requirements. The individuals whose names are selected will be awarded entry in the 2019 Dirty Kanza. These selected event participants will be notified by email, per the contact information they provide. Each participant’s credit card will be charged the event registration fee, a small processing fee, as well as any additional fees for add-on items chosen by the participant. If your card is declined for any reason, your spot will be forfeited.
Individual Participant Registration Fees:
Dirty Kanza 200-mile distance – $200
Dirty Kanza 100-mile distance – $100
Dirty Kanza 50-mile distance – $50
Dirty Kanza 25-mile distance – $35
(Plus a small processing fee.)
For more details on registration options and classifications, refer to the 2019 Dirty Kanza Riders Bible, which can be found under the “Info” tab at dirtykanza.com.
Participation Field Limits:
This event entry selection process will be used to fill the following number of spots…
Dirty Kanza 200-mile distance – 1,100 individual participants
Dirty Kanza 100-mile distance – 900 individual participants
Dirty Kanza 50-mile distance – 500 individual participants
Dirty Kanza 25-mile distance – 250 individual participants
- Only one application for selection per person. Individuals found to have multiple applications will have ALL applications voided and removed from consideration.
- Consideration will be given to multi-time DK200 Finishers nearing 1,000 Mile Club status.
- The entire selection and registration process shall be at the sole discretion of Dirty Kanza Promotions, whose decisions and interpretations shall be final and binding.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the selection process at any time and for any reason.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects or believes to be tampering with the entry selection process, or to be acting in violation of these rules, or acting in such a way as to be detrimental to the integrity of this event.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions shall not be responsible for incomplete entries, declined credit cards, nor entries received after the application deadline for any reason.
- Complimentary entries for sponsors, press, and other industry notables have no impact on the selection process, nor do they count towards field limit totals.
Refunds and Transfers:
- All registration fees are non-refundable and cannot be deferred to the following year.
- Event registrations may be transferred, if done so before the deadline of May 1, 2019.
- Requests for transfer received after May 1st deadline will be denied.
2019 Dirty Kanza Event Entry Transfer Procedure
- It is the responsibility of the person currently registered for Dirty Kanza to find someone to acquire their event entry. You may want to visit the special forum established at ridinggravel.com to find someone to take your spot, or to find an event entry that is being offered for transfer.
- Event entries must remain in the original event distance. In other words, a 100-mile entry cannot be transferred to a 200-mile classification.
- Entries may be transferred to a different classification within the same event distance.
- The individual currently registered for Dirty Kanza must submit an email to email@example.com requesting the transfer. The new participant assuming the transfer MUST be cc’d on this email.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions will then “Reply All” with further instructions to keep the transfer process moving forward.
- Both parties will be expected to respond to requests made by Dirty Kanza Promotions and the online registration provider in a timely fashion. Failure to do so will void the entire transfer process.
- The new rider receiving the transferred entry will be provided with a single-use passcode which will facilitate their online registration and payment.
- Once the transfer has been completed, a refund will be issued to the original owner of the event entry for the original cost minus a $30 processing fee.
- Both parties will then receive an email confirming the transfer process is complete.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions will not manage a wait list, nor will we act as “match maker” to help anyone find an entry.
- Do not simply “give” your DK entry to someone, then have them show up for Rider Sign-In. All riders will be required to check-in for themselves and show a government-issued photo I.D. in order to obtain their event packet. If you aren’t on our roster, you won’t be allowed to ride. No exceptions. Mandatory check-in will be on Friday, May 31st, 2019.