2020 Garmin DIRTY KANZA® EVENT REGISTRATION
AND RANDOM SELECTION PROCESS
Due to high demand, we are unable to accommodate everyone who wishes to participate in the Dirty Kanza gravel road bicycling challenge. Therefore, a random selection process will be utilized to determine who will be allowed to participate in the 2020 Dirty Kanza.
The process described herein pertains to the 200-mile, 100-mile, 50-mile, and 25-mile distance options for the 2020 Dirty Kanza. (DKXL and High School will utilize separate processes.)
Individuals will have the opportunity to submit their name for participation in the 2020 Dirty Kanza from January 6, 2020 at 8:00 am CST, until January 19, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST. Registration for event entry selection will be free of charge. However, credit card information will be collected at the time you submit your name for consideration. Your credit card will be charged only if you are accepted to participate in the event.
Selection and Payment of Entry Fees:
Winning entries will be selected on or about January 27, 2020, subject to event eligibility requirements. The individuals whose names are selected will be awarded entry in the 2020 Dirty Kanza. These selected event participants will be notified by email, per the contact information they provide. Each participant’s credit card will be charged the event registration fee, a small processing fee, state sales tax, as well as any additional fees for add-on items chosen by the participant. If your card is declined for any reason, your spot will be forfeited. Those applicants who are not selected for participation will also be notified.
Group Lottery Option:
A group lottery option is recommended for family, friends, and other small groups (up to four individuals) who ONLY want to participate if they can do so together. The first athlete registering will be required to create a Group Name. All subsequent group members must submit their name for selection consideration using the same Group Name matching exactly. For example… If your Group Name is “RaceTheSunRiders”, the Group Name “Race The Sun Riders” will not match you with other members of your group. The Group Name will be the name entered into the selection process. If the Group Name is selected, each member of the group will be accepted to participate, and charged the appropriate fees. Individual group members are not required to participate in the same event distance.
Individual Participant Registration Fees:
Dirty Kanza 200-mile distance – $240
Dirty Kanza 100-mile distance – $130
Dirty Kanza 50-mile distance – $50
Dirty Kanza 25-mile distance – $35
For more details on registration options and classifications, refer to the 2020 Dirty Kanza Riders Bible, which can be found under the “Info” tab at dirtykanza.com.
- Only one application for selection per person. (Either as an individual, or as part of a group.) Individuals found to have multiple applications will have ALL applications voided and removed from consideration.
- Consideration will be given to multi-time DK200 Finishers nearing 1,000 Mile Club status; area residents; and women as a continuation of the #200Women200Miles campaign. However, individuals who fall into any of these categories will forfeit their special consideration status if they register using the group name feature.
- The entire selection and registration process shall be at the sole discretion of the event organizers, whose decisions and interpretations shall be final and binding.
- Event organizers reserve the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the selection process at any time and for any reason.
- Event organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual suspected or believed to be tampering with the entry selection process, or to be acting in violation of these rules, or acting in such a way as to be detrimental to the integrity of this event.
- Event organizers shall not be responsible for incomplete entries, declined credit cards, nor entries received after the application deadline.
Refunds, Transfers, Deferrals:
- All registration fees are non-refundable.
- Event registrations may not be transferred to another individual.
- Event registrations may be deferred to the following year. Participants will be required to pay again the following year. Requests for deferral must be e-mailed no later than May 28, 2020 11:59PM to email@example.com. Requests received after that deadline can not be accepted. An entry may only be deferred one time.
Questions about this procedure can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org